Our client is a distributor of a wide range of laboratory supplies and equipment for anatomical pathology, clinical pathology, research, environmental laboratories, water treatment laboratories and more. The U.S based company focuses on delivering quality products and superior customer service at affordable prices.
The client came to us with the following problems:
They want a way to relay what they are doing to their site visitors, but there was a lack of news section.
Lack of a dedicated place on their site to showcase their product brochure that their site visitors (if interested) can download
There was no restriction in terms of catalog product purchase.
The site was in Magento 1.x which was not yielding desirable results and demands migration to keep up with the recent e-commerce trends.
After discussion with the client on all aspects of their existing problems, we came to this conclusion that we have to eradicate the problems by opting for the following things:
- They need a news section development that they can update on a regular basis.
- They need a downloadable product brochure.
- They need a provision to restrict their visitors from making any purchase from their site without registration.
- They need migration of their entire website from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.x.
Solution offered to client:
Following are the solutions that we offer to our client to overcome their challenges successfully:
For the Home page:
- We included a product option in the menu bar and more options in the menu bar to basically give an easy access of the site to the user.
- Created and included two full-width banners related to client’s services.
- Provided direct client access to products via banners for each category.
- Display of some significant client products selected by the admin.
- The inclusion of some important links and newsletter subscription in the footer section.
For the customers
- We created ‘create an account’ section above the navigation menu by which their customers can easily register themselves.
- We also make sure that they can’t have a view of the product catalog prices unless they complete the registration process.
- We make them able to check their orders online as well as their status in a dashboard panel. We also ensure they became able to manage their profile data including address via the dashboard.
- We facilitate them to unsubscribe or subscribe to their newsletter any time as per their desire.
For sales and payments
- Included a clickable cart icon and facilitate their customers to have a quick view of the products that they are going to purchase.
- Enable their customers to adjust the product quantity as per their requirement and to have an easy view of the adjusted subtotal price.
- Enable their customers to edit their delivery time slot on the checkout page. Also, they can review their billing and order summary.
- Enable their customers to mention the name of products( if any) that they want to purchase from the site but which they are not able to find while shopping from the site.
- Make sure their customers can enter any coupon codes and upon a thorough review of their checkout information, they can press ‘Place My Order’
- Make a provision of payment in an offline mode, since it is a special instruments supplier site. The customer can always process and confirm the order in an offline mode.
- We successfully migrated their site from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.x by using the cart2cart service. We migrated all customer details, previous orders, product details with variations, and stocks.
Coupons and Promotions
- We incorporated a feature to enable customers to apply coupons to their order. These are flexible coupons (pricing rules), and the admin has the ability to restrict coupon generation to customer type, category,quantity, and time period.
We also incorporated a host of features such as Contact Us, About Us, and Logout.While the ‘About us’ section was included to provide a glimpse of their offerings to the site visitors, we added the ‘contact us’ section so that if any customer or visitor desire to further communicate with them, they can fill their information and that information can prove useful to the in-house team of our client.
Our client reaped multiple benefits because of the solutions. It becomes easier for our client to manage all orders, customers, and contents throughout the site by exploring the user-friendly Magento admin. Also, uploading product details became a hassle-free affair through CSV. Whenever a customer makes registration or places an order, our client immediately gets an email notification which eventually helped them in increasing their overall sales.
This project was a fixed-fee project.