Advanced Physical Therapy of Central Florida
Our client deals in healthcare services, especially physical therapy and wellness in Central Florida.
Our client was experiencing a range of problems.
- Their existing system to maintain patient information and related insurance information was paper-intensive
- Preparation and maintenance of documents was very time -consuming for their staff members
- The web application WebPT that they initially use to meet their objectives turns out to be of little use
After interaction with the CEO of the company, we understood that apart from building a system of patient data entry, we have to ensure the following workflow to improve their operational efficiency.
- The system must start with capturing patient details
- Next, a link must be sent to the patient to enable him or her to verify the information and to input additional information (if any)
- After the registration process becomes successful, the patient should be scheduled for a Comprehensive Initial Assessment (CIA).
- An alert must be sent to the related physical therapist on the day of arrival of the patient for CIA so that he or she can enter his/ her observations into the system.
- Appointment scheduling for patients must be done based on the recommendations of the therapist about the treatment schedule(once/twice.thrice in a week).
- At the time of scheduling, there should be a provision of payment evaluation and the same should be communicated to the patient. There should be a provision of offering two options -one-time or installment-based payment.
- If the patient shows concern regarding the payment amount, there should be an option of making the payment in three installments. If that also becomes difficult, then he or she can make the payment in six easy installments.
- There should be a provision of making the payment via both online (credit card) and offline modes (cash or cheque). Secured payment gateway must be there for facilitating online payment.
- The web application must allow the therapist to take daily treatment notes into the system on each of the scheduled days of treatment.
- Lastly, there should be a feature in the system to allow an interim assessment to verify whether the treatment offered by the therapist is proving beneficial for the patient or not. After completion of the total course of treatment, there should be a provision for preparing a final treatment assessment. Then based on the patient condition, the discharge note must be issued to the patient.
Solution Offered to Client:
We built a web-based application to automate the outpatient rehab and home care services offered by the client. Here are some salient features of the application that can help to automate the daily operation of any healthcare service:
- Compliant with HIPPA and ICD -10
- Easy to configure and manage the roles of different users
- Wizard-based intake/ registration process
- Intuitive SOAP (Subject-Objective-Assessment-Plan) notes and referral tracking
- Easy to schedule appointment for both staffs and patients
- Reschedule and cancellation with just a few clicks
- Intuitive daily treatment notes
- Improved patient experience with easy login system for senior patients through face recognition system
- Integrated with Kareo through API for billing
Following reports are generated through our system:
- Daily Patients Attendance Report
- Employee Hourly Cost Report
- Employee Weekly Productivity Report
- Employee Daily Productivity Report
- Monthly Payroll Expenses
- Yearly Payroll Expenses
- Tax Expenses
- Daily Expenses
- Total Expenses Per Day
- Compliant Patients
- Non-Compliant Patients
- Total Add-on's Per Day
- Retail Sales
- Cash Register Expenses
- Ending Authorization Report
- Expired Authorization Report
- Plan of Care Report (i.e. Ending Prescription Report)
Technology We Used:
- Web server: IIS 8
- Scripting language: ASP.NET MVC, C#
- Database: SQL Server 2012
The application is deployed on Microsoft Azure server.
Implementation of this application has significantly reduced the paperwork of AdvancedPT staff members. They are now able to handle more patients and increased the number of clinics from four to six in a span of two months.
The project lasts for one year and the client hires dedicated professionals from Karmick Solutions.