Our client is a regional training institute on direct taxes. It is an organisation located in Kolkata under Central Government of India. The organisation provides various types of trainings to income tax officers of different regional income tax departments.
The main problem of our client was the inability to handle the huge amount of work manually, like:
- Preparing annual course and lecture schedules
- Requesting students’ Training Needs Analysis (TNA) from the faculty of DTRTI and recording their suggestions for better teaching methods
- Reviewing the suggestions of previous batch students
- Changing the topics as per students’ requirements
- Preparing the final list for sending invitation to lecturers through registered mail and after their approval adding their names to the class schedule
- Recording the registration details of students
- Recording students’ feedback of every lecture
- Handling this manual work overload was very difficult and time consuming for them.
We interacted with our client and visited their office multiple times. There was lack of organization in the working process. Everything was done manually without any digital aid. Reviewed their documents and spoke to their faculty. After that we prepared a web solution where different types of users (like regional head, faculty, and student) could access the site.
Technology We Used:
- Web server: Apache 2.3
- Server side scripting language: PHP 7.1
- MVC frame work: CodeIgniter 2.2
- Client side scripting language: CSS 3, jQuery 1.12
- Database: MySQL 5.6
- Third party service provider: SMS gateway
Our solution was deployed by highly secured Linux server having very good configuration to cater multiple user access at a time.
- Our web based solution reduced the manual works of client and made their works faster.
- The users got notifications through SMS and mails. So they could proceed with their work as soon as they were notified, without having to wait for registered mails.
- Helped in easy tracking of mails. The admin or other authorized user could easily download it in PDF format or print it.
- By entering the course schedule once, it system would keep updating it every year without human intervention.
- Admin could manage details of faculty, office address, and course topics.
- Client could track every record like the TNA or student feedback easily. They could quickly find through the high end search methods.
- By clicking on a specific course, admin could view every information like topics, faculty, course schedule, TNA, student feed backs, mails etc.
Fixed Fee Project
We had done this project in the year 2017 on fixed fee basis.